When O2, keen to “give back” more to its mobile community, approved another version, Penrillian was part of the subsequent brainstorm. As with version 1, only three weeks of development time was available – interspersed with three weeks for O2 trial and feedback – to convert fresh ideas into a marketable product. In this short period, responsive Agile development meant that daily changes were plotted accurately, winning ideas expanded, weekly priorities updated and frequent new iterations tested by O2.
Our brief was:
- To further increase functionality, fun and visual appeal.
- To develop a sing and play element, keyboard and voice-recording function.
- To significantly enhance an existing drawing game.
- To develop a hand-eye co-ordination maze game.
- To launch iPlay&Sing as an upgrade rather than a new application.